- Things to Do
General Party Info
General Party Rules:
- Please review Arisia's Code of Conduct: This Code of Conduct will be in force at all parties at Arisia.
- Anyone hosting a party, helping to run a party, or reserving a room in the Arisia hotel block must be a member of the convention.
- Noise complaints are the #1 reason that parties are shut down at any convention, but of course we try to avoid those problems at Arisia. Please keep noise to a minimum, in order to avoid someone being called to shut down your party.
- We encourage parties (especially ones that might be a bit noisy) to have adjacent rooms occupied by hosts, friends of the hosts, people associated with the party, etc. Please have your esteemed associates fill out the Special Request Form after they make their reservations, and confirm their plans with you. Your party organizer should work with the Party Czar at email@example.com to make sure that the right people get the right rooms.
- The person filling out the Party Hosting form should be the person hosting the party. If this changes, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org so we can provide the proper person with any updates and needed information.
- If you decide to change your party details from what you've initially listed on the Party Hosting Form, please notify email@example.com
- Signage rules at the hotel have changed in recent years. Party flyers and/or other advertising should be affixed to the official Arisia signboards that are set up in key locations for your posting pleasure Please do not attach your materials to any walls, doors, elevators, or any other part of the hotel except the designated Arisia signboards.
- If you have leftover party supplies, please consider letting us know that you'd like to have another party on a different night. You can also donate your supplies to another party. If you are not certain what other parties might exist, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Be aware that there are other hotel guests in rooms around your party, including sometimes non-Arisians! Be considerate of your neighbors, and responsive to requests that you lower your noise levels.
- Exercise discretion when bringing in outside food and beverages to the hotel, when your room is cleaned, etc.. Please also be discreet when transporting or storing party supplies.
- Registered parties can request a free ice delivery from the hotel. An ice delivery consists of 30 lbs of ice. We suggest you request an ice delivery. If you did not do so when you initially filled out the Party Hosting Form, please notify email@example.com before December 30th with the day and time you would like your ice delivered at con. There is a charge of $3 per pound for ice if it was not requested by December 30th, and there is no guarantee we will be able to fulfill requests made after December 30th.
- If you want more than a 30 pound ice delivery, you may pay $3 per pound for additional ice requested. Please also make that request before December 30th in order to ensure availability.
- After your party is over, please make sure the hallway outside your party is clean, and take care of any debris you find.
- We strongly encourage you to tip housekeeping well after you host a party. Please also tip the bellmen if you use them to bring in your supplies.
- Please disseminate this page to all people involved in organizing and running the party.
We also have specific rules for open and closed parties. See all the party rules.